Immigration Issues/Can I-140 approval be revoked by employer?

Question
Hi, I have approved I140 and want to use it for 3 yr extension with new employer. I am concerned if my approved I140 is revoked by my previous employer, Can I use that for getting 3 yr extension of my H1b status?? FYI - I have not yet filed I485.

Is it all possible for an employer to revoke an approved I140 petition?

Please let me know your inputs.

Answer

An employer can revoke its I-140 petition anytime. Hopefully your new employer will be able to file its H1B petition (preferably through premium processing) so that it is approved for a 3 year extension of H1B status before the I-140 petition is revoked by the original employer.

Ajay K. Arora