Immigration Issues/L1b to H1b

Question
Dear sir,
Can I change my status to H1B in Aug 2015 without going out of US if My situation is as below:

I got L1B with company A in the month of June 2014. I have an approved H1B petition from company B on which was filed in April, 2014. My L1B is valid until July 2016 and so now I don't plan to join Company B instead work with Company A.

I do not plan to join company B but instead plan to join Company C on H1B COS from L1B in Aug 2015 ( upon completion of 1 yr with Company A

Can company C file my H1B COS under cap exempt using the approval notice of company B that I got this year later in Aug 2015?

Answer

If the H1B petition filed by Co. B and approved by the USCIS states that you were granted change of status, then you are automatically in H1B status on the effective employment validity date (probably October 01). As you can hold only one status at a time, and the "last action" by the USCIS would have been approval of the H1B petition granting change of status, you will no longer be in L1B status on October 01.

You will not be subject to the visa cap if Co. C files its H1B petition anytime within the next 6 years.

Ajay K. Arora