Immigration Issues/GC and abandonment

Question
Hello,
I've been on green card fro last year and last month I traveled back home to visit my parents and stayed there for around 5 weeks. Due to some situation back home I again need to travel back home by the end of this year for around a month. So, my concerns are:

1. How frequently can I travel abroad having on Green Card?
2. How long one can stay out of the US in each visit?
3. Will be there any problem at the port of entry if one can travels more then once in a year.

Thanks and looking for your reponse.

Answer

In general, if you spend more than 50% of your time in the U.S. (on an annual basis), and if no single trip outside the U.S. exceeds 180 days in duration, there should be no problem in entering the U.S. Be careful to file U.S. tax return as a "resident" (see an accountant if necessary), have a bank account, utility bill(s), driver's license or state i.d., mortgage or lease, credit card, etc. since you must have your primary residence in the U.S., of course.

Ajay K. Arora