Immigration Issues/Regarding H1B COS

Question

I have been working for Company A with L1B visa. Since my visa max out reached, company A processed H1B for me, and it is approved from Oct 1st 2014. I am in US all over the time, and didn't stamp for H1.

May I know when will I eligible to switch the company? Do I have to wait for Paycheck to be generated? If so, after how many pay checks i can initiate H1B transfer?

Answer

If the H1B approval notice is "change of status" rather than consular processing, you will automatically be in H1B status on October 01, 2014. On that date or shortly thereafter (preferably no more than 30 days) you should be on the payroll of the H1B employer, and you must ensure that you are no longer on the payroll of the L1B employer after September 30, 2014.

Ajay K. Arora