Immigration Issues/F1, marriage to US Citizen & adjustment of status

Question

I am currently on F1 status and that will expire in June. I am getting married to a US citizen and I intend to apply for change of status as soon as possible.
I have some questions related
1: If I apply for the change of status and the decision is pending then will it affect my F1 status?
2: Can I travel out of U.S on my valid F1 status?
3: Can I continue my studies even if my change of status is pending?
4: If i apply for the change of status, a couple of months after my marriage, will this affect my change of status case?

Answer

You will not lose your F1 status and can continue to be on F1 status if you are sponsored by your spouse and file for adjustment of status. However, you should not travel outside the U.S. as entry utilizing an F1 visa is not compatible with an intention to reside permanently in the U.S.

There is no deadline by which you must be sponsored by your spouse. General information about marriage to a U.S. citizen is here: http://www.h1b1.com/practices/marriage-to-a-u-s-citizen/

Ajay K. Arora