Immigration Issues/Lost passport in Peru

Question
Hi, my cousin is in Peru and his lost his Lebanese passport while there. He lives in Australia and still has his immigration/citizenship papers with him. I know you are a professional in Canadian/US immigration law but was wondering if you had any idea of what he may be able to do here. Should he go to an Australian embassy or Lebanese consulate? Since he plans of returning to Australia. Plus, he was planning on doing a whole tour and visiting nearby countries, is that plan fully not possible now that he has no passport? Or would some sort of laissez passer allow him to continue his travels?

Answer
Hello,

Excuse me for the delay to reply to you.

For his Lebanese passport, he should go to the Lebanese consulate. However, if he wants to return to Australia without his Lebanese passport, he has to go to the Australian embassy.

Thank you for you attention. Best regards.

Hung Viet Can