Immigration Issues/L1b to H1b COS approval after getting approval decision on I485

Question
Dear Sir,
If my l1b to h1b COS approval decision comes after getting my I485 approval decision, will my Green Card status be switched back to H1b?
Or I485 approval will automatically lead to H1B COS denial??

Thanks !

Answer

You will not lose your GC (LPR status) if H1B is approved afterwards. Either the USCIS will deny the H1B petition granting COS, or you can write a letter to the USCIS on the address stated on the H1B approval notice that your I-485 has been approved and attaching either copy of I-485 approval notice or copy of GC. To reiterate, there is never any danger of losing your GC.

Ajay K. Arora