Immigration Issues/EAD for second job & continuing job on L1b

Question
Hello Sir,

I am in a situation where employer who filed for my future based GC wants me to join immediately as I have EAD because of filing 140 and 485 concurrently.
I am currently working on L1b status with another consulting company.

I want to know if I can join my future employer on EAD and continue working for my current employer on L1b?
I plan to quit my current employer as soon as I get a project via my future employer and my I140 gets approved.

Could you please guide me if I can do that legally?

Answer

Yes, as long as you are also working for the L1B employer you will maintain L1B status even if working concurrently with EAD for another employer.

In addition, even if you terminate your L1B employment now, you can remain legally in the U.S. based on pending I-485 and be employed with EAD although you will no longer be in L1B status. The risk is that if the I-140 is denied, the I-485 will also be denied.

Ajay K. Arora