Immigration Issues/H4 conversion and EAD

Question
My husband is currently in H1 and due to some circumstances we need to convert his H1 to H4 before June 15. Now we are planning to file H4 and EAD concurrently.
1. Filing concurrently means sending both the documents in one packet at same time.. is that correct?  In website it says it can be filed concurrently with I 129 and I 539. but my H1 is valid until next year Feb. So i cannot file extension now. Can we just file I 539 - COS from H1 to H4 for my husband and EAD together? Please clarify.
2. Should this have to filed by attorney? COS and EAD can we just file by ourselves? Will there be any issues if we dont go through attorney.. Please clarify. Thanks.

Answer

Since H1B (I-129) can be filed no earlier than 180 days prior to I-94 expiration, your husband should file H4 (I-539) instead of filing H1B and H4 together. H4 can be filed concurrently with EAD (I-765), but note that the USCIS will not issue EAD without first approving H4 status.

Going through an attorney is not essential, but you have to read the instructions very carefully to avoid mistakes and delays.

Ajay K. Arora