You are here:

Immigration Issues/Question about immigration/canadian


I have a question about a man who is in the United States illegally. He is a Canadian citizen, that has had his green card or visa long since expired, but has continued to live in the United States. He even has a Social Security number, though I have no idea how that was obtained. He even has a job and pays taxes every year, since he has a S.S. card. What can I do to notify the proper people? This man is abusive and the person married to him would be safe if this man was deported.


You have to be sure whether the man is a green card holder or a temporary resident.

If he is a permanent resident, he is a permanent resident for life until he does something that causes his residence rights to be taken away, such as committing a crime or living for too long outside the U.S.

Best Regards

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Hung Viet Can


I can answer nearly all questions concerning Canada and U.S. immigration.


I have worked for more than 20 years in the field of Canadian immigration and more than 7 years in the field of U.S. immigration.

Attestation of Collegial Studies in Immigration Consultant

©2017 All rights reserved.