Immigration Issues/PERM vs EVL title mismatch

Question
Dear Sir,

I had a question around the alternate job titles used on my PERM and the job titles used on reference letters. On Perm the job title used is "SAP consultant" where as all my experience letters says either "consultant or senior consultant in SAP package line technologies". My job duties and roles so far are all indeed of an SAP consultant only. But due to HR policies the letters I got says my job title as "Consultant in SAP package line technologies".

Is this going to be an issue at I140 stage?? Can this lead to I140 denial??

Answer

The minor discrepancy in the job title specified in PERM and the experience verification letter will not present a problem (neither a denial nor an RFE) at the I-140 stage, as long as the duties and/or responsibilities stated in the EVL are not inconsistent with those specified in PERM.

Ajay K. Arora