Immigration Issues/I-140 approval

Question
my I -140 got approve , but my employer(consultant) is nto ready to give me copy of I -140.

i want to change my company , and i want I _140 priority date to retain in my new company

whats solution here

Answer
The employer is not required to provide its employee with a copy of the I-140 petition.

To port the priority date of an earlier approved I-140, any evidence showing I-140 approval is valid, including copy of I-140 approval notice (I-797), or printout from the USCIS case status webpage showing I-140 approval (this requires the USCIS case number to access).

If necessary, a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request can be filed with the USCIS for a copy of your immigration file: http://www.uscis.gov/g-639

Ajay K. Arora