Immigration Issues/F4 petition priority date retention related question

Question
Situation: My brother is US Citizen and had petitioned for me - I am from India, married and more than21 years of age- my brother withdrawn I130 petition as My employer had applied for me in EB2 Category.
Question:

Now if my brother wants to petition for me again on F4 category can I retain my earlier I130 priority date for this new I130 petition that he plans to apply for??

Answer

Unfortunately, a new priority date will be established upon the filing of the I-130 petition in the F4 category. General information is here: http://www.h1b1.com/practices/family-marriage-sponsorship/ and http://www.h1b1.com/news-and-links/visa-waiting-list-quota/

Incidentally, there was no advantage in your brother withdrawing the I-130 petition based on your employer sponsorship, as the two cases are not in conflict.

Ajay K. Arora