Immigration Issues/L2 visa, can I get an H Visa

Question
Hi thanks for the help

We are from the UK. My husband holds an L1 visa for 5 years, of which we have 2 years remaining. I have an L2 Visa and work for a non-profit organization. I am not currently in management.

My husband is increasingly unhappy in his job and would like to find a different position. The H visa doesn't allow the spouse to work. Would I be able to apply for an H1B Visa or another Visa to allow me to continue wit my current employment? He would then seek a company that would sponsor his H visa

Answer

A visa cap-exempt H1B petition can be filed for you by your employer. (If not through a cap-exempt organization, it can be filed no earlier than April 01, 2016).

However, a cap-exempt organization is typically an institution of higher education, or a non-profit research organization. Additional information is here: http://www.h1b1.com/practices/h-1b-faqs/#encourage

Ajay K. Arora