Immigration Issues/Post Graduate Work Permit

Dear Sir,

After completing my 4 years university graduation in Canada I  have applied online  for my PGWP  in May, 2015 within Canada.  However, I made a mistake in IMM 5710  in Background information - question 2 (3), i. e.  'previously applied to enter or remain in Canada'  .    By mistake I  answered 'No' instead of   'Yes'.   However,  I have provided all details of my study permit correctly and also attached copy of study permit.  Details of Background information questions are given below.

I would appreciate if you could please let me know how this mistake can be corrected  before my file is processed by CIC.

K. Singh

Background information
Question 1
Check the box to indicate if:

1.  you or any of your family member(s) have ever had tuberculosis of the lungs or been in close contact with a person with tuberculosis within the past two years.

2.  you have any physical or mental disorder that would require social and/or health services other than medication during your stay in Canada.

3.  If you checked “Yes” to any of the above questions, provide details and the name of the family member, if applicable.

Question 2
Check the box to indicate if you have ever:

1.  remained beyond the validity of your status, attended school without authorization or worked without authorization in Canada?

2.  been refused any kind of visa, admission or been ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

3.  previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?

4. If you checked “Yes” to one of the above questions, provide details.

According to me, your mistake is not important because you submitted valid immigration documents along with your application. However, I suggest you to write to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville a letter to explain your mistake. You can send this letter both by email at and by Xpresspost.

Thank you for your attention. Have good luck.

Hung Viet Can

I can answer nearly all questions concerning Canada and U.S. immigration.

I have worked for more than 20 years in the field of Canadian immigration and more than 7 years in the field of U.S. immigration.

Attestation of Collegial Studies in Immigration Consultant