Immigration Issues/Reg. H1 to H4 conversion

Question
I was on H1 and applied for H1 to H4 conversion and H4 EAD concurrently on May 26th. Its been more than 2 months and COS still says "Case Received". Not sure how long it takes and when EAD will come. Nowhere in internet there is specific timelines given for the H1 to H4 processing times. Website says 2.5 months..Could you please let me know if there is any chance of getting COS soon ?   What other options i have now to get EAD soon? Is it wise to wait or go out of country and get H4.. Could you please suggest what is best for me to do considering my situation? Any suggestion is really helpful.Thank you.

Answer

It will probably take the USCIS at least several months for the application to change status to H4 (Form I-539) to be approved based on the number of filings around the end of May. The USCIS has not specified whether it will take an additional 90 days for EAD to be issued after grant of change of status to H4, or whether it is working on adjudicating the EAD application alongside the change of status to H4.

The online guidance available based on the receipt notice will not state any information beyond case received, and the only update will be whether an RFE (request for additional evidence) is issued or approval. As you have signed the application to change status to H4 (you are the applicant) the USCIS will provide case status to you (and nobody else unless an attorney prepared the application) if you call the USCIS toll free number at 800-375-5283.

Ajay K. Arora