Immigration Issues/H1B1 Renewal

Question
Hi

I am in H1B1 and my I94 expires on 10/01/2015. My extension is already filed on Aug 19 2015 and my case status show its received. So i have some doubts:

1.Whether can i stay in US until any update to my extension (approved/denied).
2. Can i work?

3. what are the other possibilities to get the result or extension.

Pl. reply me since i am bit concerned on this issue?

Thanks
Arun

Answer

Assuming that an H1B petition (rather than H1B1, applicable to Singaporean/Chilean nationals only) has been filed, under the H1B portability rules you can remain legally in the U.S. and continue to be employed even beyond I-94 expiration date based on timely filing (prior to I-94 expiration) of the H1B petition requesting extension of status.

Ajay K. Arora