Immigration Issues/H1B transfer before Oct 1

Question
I am currently working on H-4 EAD with Employer A. On April 1, I will file 2 applications for my H-1B - one by my current employer (Employer A) and one by another company (Employer B) that has a valid job offer for me. Assuming that my H1B application for Employer B is picked in lottery while I want to continue working with Employer A. I have following queries:

1.       Can I continue working with Employer A and apply for H1B transfer from Employer B to Employer A. In this case, can I continue working with Employer A till September 30 and then change to H1B from October 1?
2.       OR Do I have to physically join and come on payroll of Employer B and then transfer from Employer B to A? What would be the most efficient way to transition H1B from Employer B to A?

Thanks

Answer

You can work anywhere with EAD without any restriction until H1B status takes effect. Employer A can file an H1B petition for you anytime if Employer B's H1B petition is selected and approved, but there can be issues about whether the job offer through Employer B was bona fide. Therefore, it is recommended that you be employed by Employer B (in October) and you can join Employer A if it files an H1B transfer petition for you requesting extension of H1B status. Recent pay stubs through Employer B would be necessary at that point to be granted extension of status through Employer A.

Ajay K. Arora