Immigration Issues/Citizenship

Question
How long in advance should I start my citizenship paperwork? I have a green card in this moment.

Answer
Hello,

You can submit your naturalization application to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) within the 90-days before your 5th anniversary of becoming a permanent resident.

However, if you become a U.S. permanent resident because of your marriage to a U.S. citizen, you don't have to wait five years. You need only to wait three years as long as have been married to and still living with the U.S. citizen for the entire three years. In this case, you may file the ​naturalization application ​up to 90 days before ​t​he ​date you first ​me​e​t the ​required three-year period ​of continuous residence.

Thank you for your attention. Best wishes.

Hung Viet Can