Immigration Issues/Extending B1/B2 Visa Stay past Stamp Date

Question
Hi, I entered the US on the 9th of Feb 2016 on a B2 Visa and was given a 1 month stay which is unusual, admittance will expire 8th March, I have been to the US two times before that in the past year and on each occasion the 'admitted until' date has been on a 6 month limit, in fact I have not even reached the limit of the previous date which was stamped in October 2015 to expire April 2016.
I have need to extend my current visit to the US,  past the one month stay expiring 8th of March, will I be tagged as an overstay? and what can I do to remain in the country legally?

Answer
Hello,

As long as you file the extension application before the expiration date of the current I-94 form, you are in legal status as long as the application is pending or 240 days, whichever comes first.

However, if you are still in the U.S. when your extension application is denied, you immediately go out of
status. Usually, USCIS will allow you 30 days to depart the U.S. starting from the date appeared on the denial letter.

Thak you for your attention. Best wishes.

Hung Viet Can