Immigration Issues/Green Card

Question
QUESTION: My daughter entered the United States with immigration visa and handed her immigration package to authorities at LAX LosAngeles on December 18th 2015.  She left USA a week later, on December 25th 2015 without receiving her actual Green Card.  Now she needs to go back to US, but still we have not received her Green Card.  How and when can my daughter enter the United States, having in mind that she does not have her Green Card in hand.   Please advise.  Thank you.

ANSWER: Hello,

As a permanent resident, your daughter is free to return to the USA after travel abroad with or without her green card. If the card arrives while she is away, it makes sense for her to have someone forward it to her. That may speed up her reentry into the USA.

She can also request the consular post to stamp her passport with temporary proof that she is a lawful permanent resident so that she can travel back to the USA.

Thank you for your attention. Best wishes.

QUESTION: If her card does not arriave until she goes back to USA, would she be allowed to just fly to USA without the card?  Or is it a must that she requests a consular post to stamp her passport with the temporary proof.  Please clarify this.

ANSWER: Hello,

You are right. Without her green card, she will have trouble boarding the aircraft. It is better for her to request a consular post to stamp her passport with the temporary proof.

QUESTION: My concern is the immigration authorities at American Border, like the LAX LosAngeles.  Suppose the airline will let my daughter board on the aircraft without a green card,  What will happen when she enters the US? is she allowed to enter US without a green card?  As per the records at the immigration, she is a lawful permanent resident.  Thank you.

Answer
Hello,

Suppose that the aircraft lets your daughter board the aircraft without a green card, your daughter may be allowed to reenter the USA after a thorough check against the data contained in the CBP computer systems.

Hung Viet Can