Immigration Issues/PERM and I-140 to be filed by Co. B?

Question
I'm working with company 'A' from December 2010 and my Labor and I-140 approved in 2011 in EB2 with priority date of June 2011. If I change my job to company 'B', do I have to re-apply for Labor and I-140 again? Or I can use the same which is already approved?

Answer

Co. B will need to file PERM (labor) plus I-140 from the beginning. However, you will be able to retain the earlier priority date of Co. A if copy of the I-140 approval notice through Co. A is attached to the I-140 filed by Co. B once PERM is certified.

Ajay K. Arora