Immigration Issues/Extension of Visitor Visa

Question
Ajay,
I have applied for extension of Visitor Visa for my mother and they have sent the receipt number on June 20th. Its been 2 months and still the case is under processing. My mother's I-94 got expired in July 14th. Legally she can stay in USA while the case is under processing. I have requested for extension until Nov 14th. How long she can be able to stay here if the case is still under processing.

Thanks

Answer

She is legally in the U.S. based on a pending extension of status application filed prior to her I-94 expiration. However, she should depart the U.S. no later than November 14 even if the USCIS does not approve the extension application by November 14.

Ajay K. Arora