Immigration Issues/I-!30 Petition Confusion

Question
Dear Sir:
I am a US citizen originally from the Philippines. Two months ago, I married a Filipina who's been in the US illegally for five years. She has three children back in the Philippines (18,16 and 14).

I want to start the process of the petition and my question is can I file a petition for my wife children as well? How do I go about it?

I need guidance on this matter. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Stan

Answer
If she entered the US legally and just overstayed her I-94, then there is a decent chance of filing for adjustment of status for her to obtain a green card.  The process to do this would require a book to explain and is too complex to explain here.

If she entered the US illegally . . . you are probably out of luck and will need to wait for the law to change.

James D. Mills, Esq.