Immigration Issues/About I-485


My father filed I-130 petition for me on november-2006 but he forgot to submit I-485 adjust of status.I recived my I-130 recipt 797,now what my father will do about I-485 I'm in already in USA and canadian citizen and no stamp (any kind) on my passport,so what is next step.
ANSWER: You can either wait for I-130 approval and then file I-485 packet or you can file new I-130 with I-485 packet now.



---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: Thank very much for the respons now I'm in USA more than 4 months and my I-130 is still pending now i have some question 1,How long Candian citizen legalley stay in USA did I apply for extension bceause they don't any stamp on our passport.2, I want to work  how I get work permit or did any one hire's me and my last question is my petition is pending did i cross the border and reenter because I want to saty in US untill I apply Adjustment of status or my immigration process are complete.I think i didn't tlee you that I'm married and I have 2 children and we all inculed my husband and my children are Canadian citizen  

You can stay 6 months without visa. Then you can go home and reenter. Once you file I-485 you can not leave without advance parole. You apply for work permit on Form I-765 when you file I-485. Spouse and children each need I-485 filing.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.