Immigration Issues/I-485

My husband and I have been together since 1998 we have a daughter born 1999. married in 2003 because we were both going through divorces.filed I-130,I485 and I-765 all at once in August 2003.gotEAD.went to interview May 2005 at Garden City told by officer that everything approved but would have to do over fingerprinting because past 15 mths.he said after background check GC will arrive in mail.
September 2005 received request for new medical, old one said HIV new medical and sent it in sealed envelope.called uscis in feb. 2006 was told should get card in June 2006. Letter arrived in June 2006 saying denied because I didn't send second medical.option to reopen case. I did in June 2006, 3 days after got email saying I-130 approved fingerprinting received processing continuing on I-485. Updated case status says fingerprint review completed case sent to Missouri.New update says case at National Benefits Center and being processed will be notified when decision is made or if new information needed.What happens next? Sad to say husband passed away last August from Cancer. He sponsored two of my children from previous marriage, who are here with their green cards 2 years now,just filed to remove conditions for them. What should I do now, just wait for card to come in mail?

Sorry to hear about your husband and sorry to have to give you more bad news. You are supposed to advise Immigration of his death and ask for the case to be revalidated. If they find out about death or call you guys in for new interview, they will not go ahead with the case without a request for revalidation and a financial sponsor.

If you do not go the revalidation route, it can haunt you the rest of your life - for example if you later apply for citizenship and they discover he died before you got your green card and never did a revalidation.

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>