Immigration Issues/I-485 Application

Question
Hello,

My friend wants to file I-485. However, he was asked to submit I-797 Notice of Action on Form-129F and to file I-130.

In a request for more evidence, it was stated as follows: "Submit evidence that an immigrant visa petition has been file on your behalf. Such evidence includes a copy of I-797 Notice of Action on Form-129F, Form I-130, or I-360 and/or a copy of Form I-171."

As his I-797 Notice of Action on Form-129F was lost, will it be enough for him to submit only I-824 (to obtain another copy I-797) and/or I-130 instead of I-360 and/or I-171?

Thank you for your assistance.

Answer

I recommend filing I-130, obtaining a receipt notice, and then attaching the I-130 receipt notice in response to the I-485 query.

If your friend waits to receive a duplicate approval notice for I-129F based on the I-824 filing, it will probably be too late to respond to the query for the I-485 (your friend is probably given only 60 to 90 days to respond to the I-485 query).

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora