Immigration Issues/I-485 Approval

My Employment based application for AOS (I-485) has receipt date of April 2003 (VSC). Note that I've approved I-140. Labor was filed in EB2
Currently VSC is processing applications filed in Jan 2004 in same category. Processing date for same category has past my date since last october. Meantime, I had been FPed twice (last in sep, 04)

Lawyers requested enquiry which came back with standard response "We are processing your case, and you will be notified upon approval" (Geez, as if I did not know this already.)

I'm wondering can I find out what is happening with my case ? What are types of enquiries I can file ?  

Since you have attorneys you should speak with them, that is why you paid them.  Right?  Average processing time is just that AVERAGE.  Some cases take much longer.  Since this is an I-485 filing, it is your case and you should be able to speak with USCIS about its status.  Whether you can get anywhere is impossible to say.

James D. Mills, Esq.

I can answer questions regarding business and family immigration, deportation, removal, exclusion, the immigration consequences of crimes and structuring criminal cases to eliminate or mininize immigration consequences.

I have been a licensed immigration attorney and a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's association for more than five years.

American Immigration Lawyer's Association.

Juris Doctorate, Rutgers School of Law- Camden, 1997