Immigration Issues/I 485 INTERVIEW POSTPONEMENT

Question
HI I GOT MARRIED AND CAME HERE FROM CANADA(I AM A CANADIAN CITIZEN) ON A K1 VISA, DUE TO PROBLEMS IN OUR MARRAIGE AND MY WIFE THREATENING TO CANCEL MY I-485 I DIDNOT GO FOR MY FIRST AOS/I-485 INTERVEIW AND POSTPONED IT,NOW I HAVE MY 2ND INTERVEIW DATE SET UP FOR END OF MAY .WE R STAYING SEPARATELY AND STILL NOT WORKED OUT  OUR PROBLEMS,CAN I SAFELY POSTPONE THE I-485 INTERVIEW FOR A 2ND TIME OR SGOULD I GO THERE. PLZ HELP AS I AM VERY CONFUSED. ALSO CAN I APPLY FOR A TN1 VISA WHILE AOS/I 485 IS PENDING AS I MAY APPLY FOR DIVORCE IF MY WIFE DOESNT COME AROUND. THANKS IN ADVANCE  

Answer
You cn ask for postponement but they may notgrant it. Does your appointment say "final notice"? If so, they will definitely deny your case. If not, you can try to postpone. If they deny, you have 30 days to pay a filing fee of $385 to reopen the case.

They will not give you any type of non-immigrant visa to someone who came on a K-1 and didnt adjsut through their spouse.

Robert

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>