Immigration Issues/I-485 by Marriage interview

Question
Yesterday my sister interviewed at the Atlanta INS office. Her USC husband lied he had one child but the officer keyed in his SSN and discovered he had 7. They were separated and asked questions separately and found out some few discrepancies in their answers. They took my sisters I-94 and told her that she would hear from INS by mail. What are the possible events that could happen now? What can she do to protect herself? He had to sign a document that he had lied/ committed fraud regarding the question of his children.
Thanks in advance.

Answer
Bottom line is he is the USC and they can not hold it against you that he lied unless they think you were in on it. The important issue in the case is whether they believe your marriage ir not. If they do, you should get your card. If they dont, you will get a denial in the mail that you may appeal.

Robert

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>