Immigration Issues/I-751 Form and Biometrics

Question
Question 1: Did the new I-751 form change the requirement to include the $70.00 Biometrics fee at time of filing? We filed on 12/11/2006.
Question 2: Why will our ref.# not work online?
Question 3: How long before we need to go in for biometrics or interview?

Answer
Hi Gary,

The USCIS filing fee is $205, so the I-751 should have been mailed with that fee.

Occasionally a reference # will not work on the online system; this does not mean that the case has been improperly filed (your written receipt notice would state that your conditional resident status has been extended for one year). You can call the USCIS information number: 800-375-5283.

You should be scheduled for biometrics within the next few months. An interview after the biometrics is not always scheduled; many I-751's are approved without an interview.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora