You are here:

Immigration Issues/I 94 / Driver's License


Mr Hay,
Thank you very much for your previous letter. It will help me so much..
I'd like to know the following:
-What should I do If during my permanence in USA I lost my I 94 form? and what to do during my daily activities.. for example can i use a copy if any authority (police..etc) request for it?

- Can I use my Colombian driver's license during my trip to U.S.A.?

Have a nice weekend.


Well I am a little confused by this. What are you going to need the I-94 for? If you need it, you can replace it by filing for a replacement form. However, it is generally not needed in the US unless you are applying for a visa and have no other method of proving your legal entry. As for driving in the USA, you are allowed to use your Columbian DL as long as you are not a resident, and different states define this differently. Some say 30 days and some say 60 days.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.