Immigration Issues/AOS Refused



I have a freind who came here with a K-3 visa. When he filed I-485, his wife revoked her petition. Thus, his application for adjustment of status was rejected. Recently, he has met another woman. He knows that he has to leave the US. However, he has been for more than 180 days, but he wants to get married before leaving the USA. If he applies for marriage registration, will he be arrested? Later, will be able to file I-601 Application for Waiver of Grounds of Excludability in order to be allowed to come back to the USA before the time limit?

Thank you for your help.

If he remained in the US beyond his term of status - 90 days for a K visa and since his spouse withdrew it, he has been in the US illegally.  he met another woman...did he divorce yet?  If he LEGALLY divorce and LEGALLY remarries, his spouse can petition for him...however, if he is DEPORTED (which he is subject to if he doesn't leave the US now...and he can be arrested at any given time) marriage to a USC will not work to remain in the US.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Immigration Law enforcement Border Patrol


30 years Immigration law enforcement/management, criminal investigations, Homeland Security including Border Patrol operations

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]