Immigration Issues/Adding spouses application

Question

Can you please help me with this question?

I applied for my I-140 and AOS concurrently this year under EB2. I received my EAD Card and my I-140 status says received and pending. I also received my advance parol and had my finger prints taken today. My wedding is due in first week of June 2008.
Until when can I add my spouse to my Green Card process?
Can I opt not to avail my EAD and advance parol until a later point in time? I still have two years left to complete my first six years of H1.

Kindly advise.

Many thanks,
-Pradham

Answer

You must be married before your I-485 is approved in order for your spouse to be able to file AOS based on your I-140/I-485 through EB2.

If you are married after your I-485 is approved, then you must sponsor her: http://h1b1.com/sponsor.htm which can be a very lengthy process. We cannot predict when your I-485 will be approved, so it is probably a good idea to get married earlier rather than later.

You are not required to avail of your EAD or advance parole if you are maintaining H-1B status.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora