You are here:

Immigration Issues/Adjustment of status for spouse help!


hi david
My case is a little bit complicated, I came to the us with my b1/b2 visa and got married in Florida with an us citizen.
Then after that we hired a lawyer later we realized that he was a fraud.
Time passed and well now we have been married 1 year 4 months! I still have my i-94 that expired 1 year ago.
After all the money and time  that we spend we can’t  afford to do all the process of hiring another  lawyer
Right now  
My questions are  

1: what should we do  should we wait more time to save money and hire a lawyer or do the paper work our self

2: and if we do it our self’s how hard it would be to get my green card and how long could it take?

3: do I have to go back to México to apply for my green card because dint returned my 1-94?

4: should we be worry if they could deport me before we have the chance to fill the paper work?

thank you so much for you time  

Until you achieve legal status you are subject to deportation.  My advice, leave the US voluntarily, have your spouse petition for you (i-130) then reenter. You could also file with your local CIS office and request to change your status pending approval of the I-130...if they can determine you have a valid marriage.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Immigration Law enforcement Border Patrol


30 years Immigration law enforcement/management, criminal investigations, Homeland Security including Border Patrol operations

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]