Immigration Issues/Advanced H1 visa filing date Problem

My company informed me that they filed for my H1 visa (On Advanced Degree) on 24 April 2007 and had reached the USCIS on 26 April and gave me the receipt number. The advanced degree H1 visa cap reached on April 30 2007. When I tried to check my status in website, the website mentions, that the USCIS had received my petition on May 04 2007 and they are processing my petition.

My question is that when the cap was reached on April 30, how can they processing my petition, as they mention that, they received my petition on May 04?  

The online status would show "processing" for one even though the cap was reached they have not got around sending out the denials. Also the online status is not updated immediately, especially with the H applications.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,