You are here:

Immigration Issues/Application I-131 Travel authorization


I filed I-485, I-130 and I-765 and i sent last friday I-131 for travel authorization, but i think that i made a mistake, i filled reentry instead of advanced parole, but i am confused, if i made a mistake, can i fix it?

There is no sure method to correct the errors, you have couple of options,
1) Redo the form and send it with an explanation of the mistake you made. I am not sure if they will be able to correctly file this and make the correction.
2) Wait for them to either send you an request for additional information (since you are not eligible for re-entry) or deny your petition. In the event of denial you can reapply. There is no additional fee for the reapplication.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.