Immigration Issues/Application for naturalisation

Question

Hi Ramasamy

I have a question about the naturalisation application. I had an arrest which was dismissed in my favor in court so there was no conviction and the records were sealed. I was told in the court that the arrest is nullified and I can legally say I was never arrested. I did the same in the N400 application and did not mention the arrest. I was told latter by an attorney that I was supposed to detail the arrest even though there was no conviction. I did an FBI rap sheet check and a good conduct check and my record shows clean. My question is should I append the application somehow or since all fbi records show clean leave it the way it is. Iam not sure what other databases INS looks into apart from FBI. Any help will be appreticated

regards

Edward

Answer
Dear Edward:
The attorney was right. I would take documents relating to the arrest and dismissal with me to the interview and disclose it before the officer can ask you for it. Explaining the reasons why you did not mention it earlier. Also you can try to supplement your N-400 application to make sure that you have attempted to full disclosure. I would also advise you to consult with an attorney and have him/her review your arrest records.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan