Immigration Issues/Have Approval Notice - need visa

Question
QUESTION: Hi,

I need to travel urgently - in about 2 weeks and I have an approved i-797.  What is the quickest way to get an updated Visa stamp in my passport.  I'm unclear on the process.

Thanks

ANSWER: Peter:

I need further details than merely stating "approved I-797", you need to give further details on what type of visa you have an "approved I-797" for me to answer your question.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

QUESTION: Sorry - its an H1-B extension that comes with a new i-94 on the bottom.

Answer
Peter: If you are going to Canada or Mexico for a short trip then you do not need a visa.

The first option would be for you to  check what are the visa availability dates for obtaining a visa either in Mexico or Canada. The other option would be for you to call that country's US consulate and check if they will accept third country nationals to apply for a visa while you are there. This would be the quickest route to take.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan