Immigration Issues/Is Asylum an option?

Question
Dear Sir,
I came to the USA for training and knowledge transfer via a B1 visa, upon entry I was given 3 months (expires on Jan 7 2007) on the I94 form and I have a 5 years B1/B2 visa.
During my stay here the situation in my country Lebanon escalated and we are on the verge of civil war again, I fear going back, there is no fear of being persecuted and I know I can survive but I am really sick of always rebuilding, I am really seeking a stable environment where I can build a family. Most probably this does not constitute a valid reason for asylum, so what do I do? What's the best approach I can take in order to get a working permit and work and live here?
Where is your practice located and when can I get an appointment?

Thanks a lot

Answer
If there is no fear of persecution then there is no basis for Asylum.  There are many various options available to you, but a lot depends upon your level of education, your ability to find a job, or your ability to start your own business.

I am located in Houston, Texas.

Alexander J. Hay