Immigration Issues/Asylum-related question

So, could she legalyl attend a college with Asylum status?

Followup To
Question -
Dear Sir,

I have a friend who is applying for her Asylum status while she is in the U.S. now. Could you please answer me the following question:

While her case is being processed, could she converts to F-1 so as to goto college, or she can keep the asylum status and goto school also? Which way is better?

Thanks you very much for your help!

Bill Yuan

Answer -
To obtain an F-1 visa, she must intend to leave the US when the training is over.  Clearly she does not have that intent.

I didn't say that.

It depends on what you mean by "asylum status".  The answer is different depending on what stage of the process she is in.  I would need to review the documents to provide case specific advice such as that which you are requesting.  

James D. Mills, Esq.

I can answer questions regarding business and family immigration, deportation, removal, exclusion, the immigration consequences of crimes and structuring criminal cases to eliminate or mininize immigration consequences.

I have been a licensed immigration attorney and a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's association for more than five years.

American Immigration Lawyer's Association.

Juris Doctorate, Rutgers School of Law- Camden, 1997