Immigration Issues/B-1 visa / I 129F?


Hi, My fiance is an Indian national from India. Right now, he is in UAE; I met him in the U.S. when he was on a business visa on a project from his company in India about six months ago. He has 10yrs of Business visa. Now, we want to get married in December, but he doesn't want to stay here. I am a U.S. citizen. After our marriage, I am planning to go with him and settle in UAE or India. So, can you please kindly advise me what is legal for him to come here and marry me.

Should I fill out I-129F for him to come here or it's not necessary? I really appriciate your advise and help in this matter. Thank you, JN

Your husband can come to the US and get married and you would not need an I-129F if he plans to leave the country. The issue would be that when he informs the immigration officers that he intends to get married to a US citizen, then the officers would most likely deny entry. They would presume that he is likely to stay in the US and it would be very difficult to overcome this presumption based on your facts.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.