Immigration Issues/B-1 visa / I 129F?

Question
Hi, My fiance is an Indian national from India. Right now, he is in UAE; I met him in the U.S. when he was on a business visa on a project from his company in India about six months ago. He has 10yrs of Business visa. Now, we want to get married in December, but he doesn't want to stay here. I am a U.S. citizen. After our marriage, I am planning to go with him and settle in UAE or India. So, can you please kindly advise me what is legal for him to come here and marry me.

Should I fill out I-129F for him to come here or it's not necessary? I really appriciate your advise and help in this matter. Thank you, JN

Answer
Janna,
While your fiance is in the US on business he could get married.  Since his intention is not to stay once married he would not be violating the visa provisions.  He should not declare that he is coming to the US to marry a US citizen because the immigration officials will assume he will have immigrant intent.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Mark Ashley