Immigration Issues/B1/B2 to H4 while in US

Question
Hello,

I recently got H1B visa and traveling United States for the very first time. My wife already have B1/B2 visa and had travel to United States once before marriage. Her B1/B2 is still valid.

My question is that, I have to give immediate joining to my US employer and I want to travel with my wife. So, Can she travel with her valid B1/B2 visa and after enterind in United States, She apply for change of status from B1/B2 to H4?

Answer
Ad,
Doing what you state could complicate issues. She may be considered to have entered the US on false grounds, since her intent was to change her visa to H-4 after arrival and not for B1/B2 purposes.
Though, it is possible to change from B to H-4 and many may have done it, I wanted you to be aware of this issue.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan