Immigration Issues/B1/B2 in u.s but with no current I-94

Question
QUESTION: Hi Robert, here is my current situation, my now wife, is here in the U.S. she has a valid B1/B2 visa that she had used multiple times crossing back and forth, but this past december of 06 we got married in the u.s and we also have a child together that was born in u.s, my question is would it be possible for me to get her adjustment while she's here on U.S, she did not get a I-94 last time she crossed border and dont know what steps to take, I'm a naturalized U.S citizen and dont know if she is considered to be illegally here even tough she holds a b1/b2 visa but no i-94. hope u can give a better insight as to what steps to take in getting her adjustment.
Thanks
ANSWER: Was an entry stamp placed in her passport?

Robert

QUESTION: Thanks Robert for your response, no stamp in her passport, she did have a i-94 but she did return it before it expired, but her passport was never stamped. the only thing she does have is the receipt they gave her when she got her i-94, in her case u think its possible for me to get her adjustment ?
ANSWER: You can get her adjusted but I recommend her filing an I-102 before filing for adjustment, so she can gert a duplicate original of the I-94.

Robert

QUESTION: Thanks again Robert, so she can still file I-102 even if she only has the receipt? she no longer has the I-94, just the receipt with the amount she paid to get her I-94, and if she can use form I-102 which box do u recommend i use on part 2 of application where it says  Reason for application because none of those apply . Thanks again  

Answer
I would check off the box where it says niot issued I-94 and am filing with application to change status. I would amend that choice and by drawing through filing with application for extension or change and write in so that I can subsequently file an Adjustment of Status application. Gice them copies of the passport with visa pages and as much info about date and place of entry as possible.

Robert

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>