Immigration Issues/B2 to H1

Question
my B2 is valid until June 4th/2006. I found an employer who is ready to sponsor an H1 to me, the start date is on July 1st. is it possible to apply for an extension of my B2 for the period extending between June/4th and July / 1st..to cover the gap, to avoid returning to my country.
I am planning to apply to the extension for the reason of waiting my H1 approval, and submit my H1 receipt number  as a reason..is it an acceptable approach.
thanks

Answer

The H-1B visa cap has been reached for all employers http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/H1BFY08Cap040307.pdf unless there is an exception such as that you were earlier in H-1B status, or the employer is a college or university.

Therefore, an H-1B petition cannot be filed until April 01, 2008 at the earliest.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora