You are here:

Immigration Issues/Brother married after we filed for his greencard


        My brother married in 1997, we filed for greencard in 1996. Current Prority date is June 1996, it is a matter of time before my brother can come here. Which form should we use to include his wife and child's name so that they can get greencard with him. I will appreciate this info.

There are no forms to file at this time, once his priority date becomes current, the State dept. will send you documentation and you can include your brother's family or request them to send you a separate set of documents for them too.
Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.