Immigration Issues/US CITIZEN MARRIED TO A TOURIST VISA HOLDER

Question
QUESTION: IM A US CITIZEN WHO MARRIED HER B/F OF 2 YRS WHO IS ON A TOURIST VISA ON 4/7/07. HIS PERMIT EXPIRED ON 5/9/07 BUT HE HASN'T LEFT BECAUSE I'M 8 MONTHS PREGNANT. WHAT CAN WE DO SO HE WON'T GET PENALIZED FOR OVERSTATYING AND GET HIS PERMANENT RESIDENCE SOON?

ANSWER: File the I-130 and I-485 package to get his green card. Let me know if you would like me to represent you for this.

Robert

QUESTION: Thank you very much for your prompt response, do you think there is a problem with him getting penalized for "overstaying" since his Permit expired? How much would your services be? And what would you be included?  

Answer
His overstay should not be a problem. I charge $2500 plus filing fees. I ask for 50% of legal up frint and the other 50% when the interview comes. I include preparing the papers, monitoring it after filing, preparing for interview. If you are not in NY NJ or CT, I would go to the interview for an added fee. If you are in obne of those 3 states I would include the interview.

Robert

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>