Immigration Issues/COS H4 TO F1

Question
Applied for change of status from H4 to F1 on March 1, 2007.
Received RFE sometime last week of MAY 2007 for financial documents (last 3 months bank statements)
Replied RFE. On June 30, 2007 recieved I-20 from USCIS with COS approval stamp on it. But since then still waiting for Notice of approval and new I-94.
Its been more than 7 weeks I recieved my I-20 with Change of status approved (From H4 to F1) still waiting for new I-94
What are my options ?

Is it ok to go to canada or india for F1 stamping so that I will get new I-94.
One more this If I check online status for my application with LIN no at USCIS. It shows
Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On June 19, 2007, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

It still does not show the case is approved.

Answer
Kailash: I am not sure if the Canadian consulate would issue you an F-1 visa without the original change of status approval notice. I would suggest that you call the customer service and request for the approval notice.
Recently there has been a delay by the Service to issue notices, so that could be the cause of the delay.

Sincerely,

Ramasamy Krishnan
Attorney at Law

Ramasamy Krishnan