Immigration Issues/COnvert f2 to h1

Question
Hello Sir,

I am Indian by nationality. My husband is in US on F1.
Now, i also want to join him but not sure of H1(because of lattery system this year).
I came across F2 visa, but i am an Computer Engineer by profession so would like to continue working in US.

1. Please tell me if i can go on F2 since my husband is already on F1 in US?
2. Please tell me how long it would take for me to convert F2 to H1.
3. Also, is there any other way(or visa) that i can join my husband with/without wokring.

Waiting for your resopnse.

Thank U
Rashmi

Answer
Dear Rashmi:

You can join him on a F-2 visa. If you wish to convert from F-2 to H-1, you can only apply for it beginning next April and start working from Oct'08. I do not know of any other suitable visa for you to come in other than the F-2 visa in your situation.

Ramasamy Krishnan
Attorney at Law
ram@ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan